Minutes of the Trustees Meeting 23rd August 2022 at 7.30pm
Present: – Ian Loder(IL), Lynn Thacker(LT),Bob Warters(BW), Jenny Rogers(JR), Graham Bedford(GB)
Minutes taken by Roz Conde – Hon Sec
- Apologies – Sooty, and James Farrell
- Review of minutes of Trustees Meeting of 19th July 2022 – approved and will be published on the Ketton Sports & Community Centre (KSCC).
- Matters Arising – items needed to be discussed but as no Directors were present, this was not possible. The meeting expressed its disappointment that no Directors attended.
- Opening of the complex for community events during the day – LT has resigned as a Trustee with immediate effect and as a MATTER OF URGENCY a person needs to be able to open up and shut up KSCC for events during the day, so please can this be dealt with ASAP. JR pointed out that if the any of the daytime events could not take place it would be a real shame as these are community events are very important for village life.
- Trustees Phone numbers – the Trustees present thought it would be a good idea if they all had each others phone numbers which Roz has, and so if you would like any of the phone numbers then kindly let Roz know.
- Car Boot Sale on Monday 29th August – this is all in order and the relevant sections know what they have to do.
- AOB – JR has had informal discussions with a man who lives in Ketton who has an interest in becoming a Trustee. He is not affiliated with any section and the Trustees thought it would be advantageous to have him on board. JR will ask the gentleman to attend the next Trustees Meeting so he can put his case forward, and hopefully be duly appointed as a Trustee and BW seconded this.
JR pointed out that as fuel costs have risen could the cleaner kindly be asked not to turn on all the lights to clean and GB agreed that this needs to be also addressed to all the staff. It is also important that the heating usage is carefully monitored.
Glenis Southern has handed in her resignation with immediate effect.
All the Trustees present were very despondent regarding KSCC going forward, and various alternatives were discussed. These will be discussed again at our next meeting when it is hoped there will be a better attendance by Trustees and Directors.
- Date and time of next meeting -Tuesday 4th October at 7.30pm.